Thursday, June 24, 2010

All things freakish

Throughout this course we have discussed many interesting topics, and many things which make people freakish. The most disturbing thing I think was talking about how it was freakish to have a female heroine. One day I hope that is no longer the case, come on, we women can be strong and leaders. Anyways, feminist rantings aside...

All of this talking about what makes someone different makes me wonder what is normal at all. Maybe there isn't any normal, and everyone is freakish, and all of our trying to belong and fit in is in vain since we are all too freakish to begin with.

I don't have much to expand on this topic with, its just a little thought I had. But it gives you something to think about anyways.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely. Perhaps the problem is with the word "normal" to begin with.

    ReplyDelete